Booklist & Must-Haves:
by Milan Kundera
The Annotated Legends (Dragonlance)
The Princess Bride
LotR journals and jewelry on this site
Wednesday, January 07, 2004
Well, I survived the previous term. Hahaha, big hurrah! Bring out the mulled ale! Woohoo! A quick perusal of the Student Handbook reveals that I am still qualified for the Dean's List (Sections 4.8.2 and 4.8.4). I maintain this qualification since it is specified in the handbook, and not until an amendment is made will I accept any information being spread around. Lol.
I got to enroll today, though the final word on schedules wont be till tomorrow. Wow, I am enrolled in 7 subjects this term, 18 units in all since the 3-unit OBJECTS is not going to be credited (summer's SSD3 equivalent). A run down of this term's subjects:
- ASEMBLY - according to Wikipedia, Assembly Language is the human-readable notation for the machine language that a specific computer architecture uses. Machine language, a mere pattern of bits, is made readable by replacing the raw values with symbols called mnemonics. From what I understood, we're supposed to learn how to translate machine instructions purely composed of 1's and 0's to something like mov %al,$0x61, which is what assembly language looks like. Great.
- COMTECH - Communication Technologies. According to a classmate who managed to talk to our future teacher (Sir Tubo of DATANET! ~Weee!), it's going to be about Bluetooth, WiFi technologies and the like. Cool. Interesting topic, and I'm sure the discussions are going to be as detailed as DATANET (I got a 1.0 btw, teehee.).
- DATABAS - Database Programming. Aside from a database being an information set with a regular structure that allows automated searches and updates, I have no idea what this is all about. Nix said it's not as funky as Data Structures. We'll see.
- ECONTAX - in the old Harvard, this would be my "Hum2", my gut subject. Of course, it helps that I've sat in on this subject and even taken a midterm exam when it was offered last year. Hmm, now where did I put my old notes...
- OBJECTS - this is the first part of what was SSD3, only this will be in C++, not Java (we will be having Core Java next term though). Even if it's not part of the GPA computation, it is imperative that I get a decent grade on this subject.
- OPERSYS - predicted to be this term's Waterloo. Even more nitpicky than COMPARCH (oh goodness!), and will involve A LOT of memorization.
- WEBPRO1 - Web Programming 1, a.k.a Macromedia Dreamweaver according to Sir Rolly. Lolz. Okay. Maybe after this I can improve my blog once again.
Yew think I'll manage to survive this term this time? Lol.