Booklist & Must-Haves:
by Milan Kundera
The Annotated Legends (Dragonlance)
The Princess Bride
LotR journals and jewelry on this site
Friday, February 21, 2003
I have created my very first WAP site. Coolissimo.
Want to take a look at it? Here, use an emulator to view my WAP site.
Wednesday, February 19, 2003
21 days to go till new worlds...
I browsed through the New Worlds site and I found this funny article:
Problems Anakin Skywalker Would Have If He Crosses Over To Other "New Worlds" Universes
- He keeps seeking the Mirror of Erised just to see that strange tall guy in black armor, helmet, and with a red lightsaber.
- "Are you an angel?" doesn't work on witches, shieldmaidens, slayers, and skeptical lady FBI agents.
- He upsets the Hogwarts house ghosts by asking them if they ARE "angels".
- Anakin to Saruman: "You will pay for all the Jedi you killed today, Dooku."
- Loading a Podracing Program on the Holodeck just doesn't give that much of an adrenaline rush as racing at Beggar's Canyon.
- He would try to buy droid spare parts from Gollum. (Gollum: We don't have the preciousssss! Anakin: So that's what Jawas look like without the hooded cloaks!)
- Not being able to resist the urge to Force-choke the living daylights out of Draco Malfoy.
- Would stabbing a vampire with a lightsaber kill it?
- He picks a fight with a regular at Ten Forward, chops off its arm with a quick slash of the lightsaber, and says "Jedi business, go back to your drinks."
- Dobby the House Elf looks too much like Master Yoda.
- He gets into a "predict the future" contest against Elrond and loses it because "The Dark Side is clouding everything."
- His droid-builder's self-confidence plummets when he sees Lt. Commander Data.
- He converses with Giles and thinks "Why in the world do mentors have weird accents?"
- His extremely high midichlorian count attracts otherworldly beings and certain top secret government organizations.
- He gets into a fight with Harry Potter: "I don't care if you are The Boy Who Lived. I am The Chosen One!"
- Padme catching him in the holodeck in a compromising position with a holographic Chancellor Palpatine.
- It's much easier to organize 10 thousand Uruk-Hai than getting clonetroopers to board a ship without hitting their heads.
- Preventing FBI agents from abducting Master Yoda and Gollum claiming they are 'little green men'.
- Mistaking Spike the vampire for Draco Malfoy's older brother.
- The ever frequent mix-ups between brooms, wands and lightsabers and alien anal probes.
- Getting a goal in Quidditch is not as much fun as winning the Boonta Eve Classic.
- Always getting dementors, ringwraiths and FBI agents confused.
- Always losing the smoking competition between him, Gandalf, Bilbo and the cigarette smoking man
- Mistaking Aragorn, son of Arathorn for Professor Snape... don't these guys ever use shampoo?
- That awkward feeling attending a 'deathday party' and facing all the Tusken Raiders he's killed.
- It's impossible to find a gas station for his swoop bike in middle earth while cruisin' for elf chicks.
- Quenya and Sindarin are not included in the six million forms of communication that Threepio is programmed to speak.
- Having to choose between Artoo-Deetoo/See-Theepio and Data/7 of 9 is no contest.
- The Uruk-Hai berserkers keep trying to light Artoo and blow up the wall of Helm's Deep.
- Too many "Chosen Ones".
Can't wait for March 12.
Sunday, February 16, 2003
post-valentine blahs and 6100...
Got my new phone yesterday. It's cool, except that I feel like I've been doing nothing but stare at a computer the whole day. It has this GUI-like interface. It's colored and it really looks like a computer screen. And guess what, it shuts down kinda slow, like a Saving your settings thingie. It's weird. I think lola is beginning to trust me. Either that or she just trusts Mog implicitly. I don't know whether to be thankful or not. She actually agreed to leave me in the hotel room with just him. Can you believe it? Miracles do happen. Or maybe, it is just Mog...
Valentine's Day was weird, but overall, it was perfect. I was with Miguel and that's the only thing that counts. Although it was weird watching him sing Perfect to Aina. Kinda broke my heart a little. What a jealous wet blanket I've become. ;p So anyway, we had dinner at Taza, this cool bar next door. Legatto was on and I had fun dancing. The salpicao was delish! Yum yum. And he had his mom buy 3 white roses for me, the poor thing...
It was a great Valentine's. The best so far... :-)